TECHNICIANS’ TRAINING COURSE - 4th PLANT ANALYSIS WORKSHOP
When: 30th to 31st August 2016 (09:00 start and ~16:00 finish)
Where: The Lion Hotel, 161 Melbourne St, Nth. Adelaide, SA
Who: The course is aimed at technicians who carry out plant analysis. Priority will be given to corporate and individual members who have not attended the previous ASPAC plant tissue workshops, as the core presentations remain the same. However, if you would like a refresher, it is possible to be wait-listed by selecting ‘Voluntary Wait List’ as your registration category.
Aims of the Course:
- To improve performance of methods consistently showing a wide spread of data in ASPAC plant proficiency testing rounds.
- Define the critical steps for ensuring accurate results
- Share some of the ‘tricks of the trade’
- Interaction between technicians working in similar fields
- Sample preparation and digestion methods
- Appropriate instruments for purpose
- ICP-OES analysis and non-ICP methods
- Aspects of reporting and significant figures
- Laboratory and facilities tour – APAL, Agricultural Laboratory
- $300 per person with a limit of two team members per corporate membership
- ASPAC will provide lunch and refreshments during the course and dinner on the Tuesday evening
- Participants will need to arrange and cover the cost of their transport and accommodation.
- Details of local accommodation options are provided in a separate downloadable pdf file.
Registration and payment: Please complete the online registration form. Course fees are payable by 30th June 2016.